FACT SHEET: TIPS FOR GROUP PLAY
January 31, 2011
Here are a number of tips to keep in mind:
Manage the Membership of the Group
• Choose one person to act as the Group Play Captain to coordinate the group members and collect payment.
• Create a list of all group play members. Clearly state the jackpot amount, draw date, cost per play and cut-off time for payment.
• Go to OLG’s website www.OLG.ca and download the Lottery Group Play Form for a convenient way to manage your group purchases.
• All names of members of a group should be recorded for each draw. • Prior to the draw, make a group decision about how much of the prize winnings will be split among the group and how much will be returned into future lottery ticket purchases.
• If you plan to go on vacation before a draw, make sure you pay your group captain in advance, and have those payments documented.
After the Purchase of the Group Play Ticket
• The Group Play Captain should sign the ticket immediately after the purchase. Write “In Trust” by the signature line to show that this is a group play ticket.
• Make photocopies or a computer scan of the ticket for each group member, so everyone has a copy of the selected numbers.
• Please note: photocopied tickets cannot be validated at a self-serve ticket checker available at an OLG retailer.
• Save a copy, update and resend any new tickets to each group member every time the group plays.
• If an OLG retailer is a member of the group and the group's tickets are purchased, electronically checked or electronically validated at that retail location, then that ticket will be void.
• If you believe you have won the lottery, validate the ticket at an authorized retailer or call the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098 for more information.
For more information contact:
OLG Media Line 1.888.946.6716